Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

Living Room Art

Taking a break from all the new recipes I've been trying lately, I decided today was the perfect time to share my second work of art. To date, this one has been both my favorite to create and my favorite overall.


For Christmas, with my new interest in art in full swing, I was the happy recipient of a slew of new art supplies (apparently everyone...Santa, Sister, TF... had the same idea). I was gifted everything a budding artist needs to practice their craft and I was thrilled. I was the first Christmas in many years that I anxious to play with my new toys! Then, while still home for the holidays, mother and I stumbled upon a delightful sale at one of my favorite craft emporiums (Michael's) and I acquired enough canvas to last me into spring (or at least I hope). And with that, I returned to the District and this masterpiece was born....




Ready to put my new art supplies to use

'

Finished product...a great addition to my living room


Up close. Like I said, I'm kind of in love with this one!




No comments:

Post a Comment