Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookie Sammies




















The Mexican fiesta TF and I created did not disappoint our tastebuds or our stomaches. Since no good meal is complete without dessert (also known as my favorite part of any meal), we had to go big or go home if we wanted the dessert to be able to hold a candle to dinner.

There are two things you likely know about me by this point in my blogging: I love to be given a crowd for which I can try out a new dessert recipe and my chocolate chip cookie skills leave a lot to be desired. When we first started brainstorming the menu for this feast, I was lobbying for an opportunity to finally try my hand at some homemade whoopie pies. TF wasn't completely sold on the idea and wanted chocolate involved. As a compromise, I proposed another new treat I'd had laying in wait for a while: cookie sandwiches (or sammies as I more affectionately like to call them). He was sold. 

At first I was going to make chocolate chip cookies and fill them with my favorite buttercream frosting a la Martha, but then I realized I had one of the two chocolate chip cookie masters in my life at my disposal and it would be silly for us to waste our time with any other chocolate chip cookie! With that stroke of genius, our plan to turn everyone in the house into a diabetic by nightfall was almost complete (not really...but the finished product was definitely over the recommended daily sugar intake). 


Unfortunately, this is where the post gets a little anticlimactic. I can say with near 100% certainty that TF would kill me if I shared his chocolate chip cookie recipe. I value my life at the moment, so I'm going to have to keep that secret to myself (not that he's entrusted me with the recipe per se, but through years of serving in the role of assistant I have figured it out...shhhh). The icing infused in the middle of these sugary treats is, like I said, a la Martha, and one I turn to frequently as it never lets me down. I encourage you to try this super easy and delicious combo with your favorite cookie recipe, it'll will be well worth it. If you're looking to avoid a stomach ache, keep the cookies much smaller than we did!!







1 comment:

  1. Pssh, Don't pretend like you have my cookie recipe down!! It's still locked tight up in my noggin...

    TF

    ReplyDelete