Pages

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Lemony Goodness

Oh sweet blog how I've missed thee. Life has been running me ragged lately. I blame two things for this: 1) work is insanely crazy and 2) spring is here(ish)....I say "ish" because today I wore a scarf to work. For the most part, the weather has been absolutely divine and I'm working desperately to spend as many free moments outside soaking it in before wretched summer rears its ugly head. The only downside to this little game is that I have become terribly delinquent on my blogging. Blogger fail.  

Aussie loves spring too...and that we live so close to the park

I hate on the District a lot, but spring here is gorgeous

And with extra walks and park time comes and increase in nap time as well

For now I'm back for a brief moment before heading to the mountains of West Virginia for some fun away from the District this weekend. And, what better way to usher in Spring than with this recipe, based on the baking equivalent of spring..lemon and sugar. Light, fluffy, and delicious!

Lemon Burst Cookies


Ingredients
Adapted from Crunchy Creamy Sweet
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
  • Juice and zest from 1 medium lemon
  • 1 cup powdered sugar (for rolling)
Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 350 F

2. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together dry ingredients (flour and baking powder) + lemon zest

3. In stand mixer, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy

4. Next add eggs, one at a time and vanilla extract

5. With mixer on low speed, mix in dry ingredient until combined

6. Chill dough for at least 30 minutes then, using a tablespoon, scoop and roll the dough into balls. Roll in powdered sugar until fully covered

Dressed and sugar and ready for baking

7. Place on baking sheet, leaving 2 inches of space between them

8. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, or until puffed and bottoms just golden brownCool on sheet for 2 minutes, then transfer onto a cooling rack


These were super easy, so get baking quickly before summer comes and it's too hot to do anything!






2 comments:

  1. Yay! The cookies came out perfect! Now I need to whip up a batch :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were fabulous! My friends are already begging me to make them again :)

      Delete