Pages

Monday, March 11, 2013

A Very Happy Birthday Week

Good news everyone, I survived another birthday! Actually, as much as the underlying dread within me continues to rise each year, this actually panned out to be quite a wonderful birthday. Celebratory meals and drinks, well wishes, and most importantly, delicious birthday treats...what more could I ask for?!

In all truth, I felt very appreciated and loved by my friends and family. I had such a wonderful week that I decided to dedicate today's post to birthday week in review, because as per usual, I drug out the celebration for a solid week :)

Birthday week kicked off with brunch and a birthday cupcake from my favorite cupcakery (Baked and Wired) courtesy of Mother

Also courtesy of Mother, a spring shopping trip. (In case it's not completely obvious, mint is my color obsession for spring)

On my actual birthday I was greeted at work with these lovelies. Caution: they are like crack and you will want to eat them all in one setting...but you shouldn't :) The recipe was geniusly pulled from my pinterest board and can be found here

And after I was given the gift of a snowless snowday, I returned to work to find more treats...homemade lollipops. What the what?! Also super yummy.

Word of my love for tiny hats is spreading among my friends...I got this gem, which includes the words I'm a wee bit Irish (which I am!). It's also covered in glitter. I CANNOT wait to wear it next weekend!

And what is a birthday without dessert and wine (also known as my two greatest loves....after Bax of course)

Capping off the week, I had my family birthday celebration

Grandmom made my favorite birthday cake (yellow cake, chocolate frosting, with LOTS of sprinkles)

Sister came to town for the festivities

And, because it snows everywhere I am not...they had snow in Pennsylvania, so I at least got to touch some this year

And so concludes my 28th birthday's week of festivities. I'm capping off this week with my favorite annual race (the DC half) on Saturday, along with St. Patty's Day festivities and have some fun recipes planned for both. Can't wait to share! 



No comments:

Post a Comment