Pages

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

To Nutella With Love

Dearest Nutella,


      I can't believe I resisted you for so long. Whether it was months or years, I no longer know. Whatever the case may be, I am filled with shame. In part I blame the fanfare that surrounded you. It wasn't your fault, I know, but I'll be honest, I feared you were overrated and poised to disappoint me at first bite. While I'm told some have been consuming you in an array of ways for years, it seems only as of late have you begun your rise to prominence and subsequently, the journey to my heart.


       When I finally decided to take the plunge, I was filled with mixed emotions: excitement, trepidation, fear, and angst. Then, as I summoned my courage and took the first bite of my shortbread cookie with your ridding on top like a king, I was nothing short of elated. 


        It's been a few weeks now since our first meeting and in that time I have come to appreciate both your versatility and the joy you bring me with each encounter. It was from this joy that I was inspired to write this note to you, dear chocolately-hazelnut friend. Thank you for being so smooth, creamy, and always satisfying. I raise my nutella clad cookie to you!

Love, 
Gian

Sugar Cookie Nutella Sandwiches


Ingredients
  • Sugar cookie dough (I had some frozen from this recipe)
  • Nutella


Preparation
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
  2. Prepare cookie dough according to recipe or defrost dough (like I did....oh, and if you go this route, don't preheat oven until ready to bake as defrosting takes a couple hours)
  3. Bake cookies for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until slightly golden (I prefer a softer cookie). Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks
  4. After cookies are cool (I found this to be an overnight process, due in part to the fact that I started later in the evening), spread the Nutella on the backside of one cookie
  5. Once cookie has desired amount of Nutella on it, sandwich a cookie of similar size on top
  6. Take a big bike and enjoy. i love you Nutella!




No comments:

Post a Comment