Pages

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Comfort Breakfast Dinner

After spending the majority of the last two weeks away from DC, I was excited to get back into my normal routine this week. Unfortunately, life had other plans. Work was nothing short of treacherous this week and I found myself spending most days praying for daylight (and my freedom). The longer work days also cut into my time and desire to cook. On Wednesday, however, I was determined to make something good for dinner in an effort to cheer myself up. The one thing that always does the trick is pancakes (and wine). As you may recall, I have yet to master the art of pancake making, but I do love a good pancake puff! They're quick, easy, and rarely fail me (leaving me in a much better mood than when I attempt to cook actual pancakes). 


With a little help from my friends at google, I found a new and nutrient rich recipe to lift my spirits with. A few minutes later and I had the perfect cure all...or at least temporary spirit lifter. Yum, yum, yum. Definitely hit the spot and helped salvage my evening.




Whole Wheat Flaxseed Pancakes
Wonderful creation found here

Ingredients
  • 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1/4 cup flaxseeds, ground
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 beaten egg
  • 1 cup water
  • 2 tablespoons canola oil
  • 1/2 cup fresh cut strawberries (for topping)
  • 1/2 tsp powder sugar (for topping)




Preparation
  1. Mix together dry ingredients
  2. In a different bowl, mix wet ingredients
  3. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir just until moistened
  4. Let sit for a few minutes
  5. Cook with desired method 
  6. Top with fresh strawberries and powdered sugar. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment